Registration guidelines and policies
- Read these guidelines carefully before registering.
- You may require a visa to enter the country; see Visa Requirements for who needs a visa.
Registration dates for the 2015 Cochrane Colloquium in Vienna:
- Online early registration opens on 11 March 2015 at a reduced rate.
- Online regular registration opens on 23 July 2015 at the higher standard rate.
- Please see here for an overview of the other key dates.
Types of registration
Full Registration: Saturday 3 October - Wednesday 7 October
Full registration includes:
- One ticket to the Welcome Reception on Saturday 3 October 2015
- One Colloquium kit
- Access to Colloquium Scientific Sessions from 4-7 October
- Lunch and refreshments on all days from 3-7 October
- One ticket to the Gala Dinner on Wednesday 7 October 2015
- Only registered delegates are permitted to attend the Colloquium and lunch or breaks.
- Additional tickets must be purchased online for the Welcome Reception and the Gala Dinner for guests or accompanying persons at the time of online registration.
- Additional tickets may also be purchased online for the optional tours and events which are not included in the registration fee.
- Additional guest tickets will not be available solely for lunches or breaks during the days of the scientific sessions at the Colloquium; nor are guests (adults or children) permitted to attend.
- Please select the social events you plan to attend during registration. Although one ticket is included in the registration fee for the Welcome Reception and the Gala Dinner, you have to book your place in order to attend. If you have not selected the social events you plan to attend by the close of registration, you will not be given, or be able to purchase, an entry ticket onsite.
Day Registration: Sunday 4 October - Wednesday 7 October 2015
Day registration includes:
- One Colloquium kit
- Access to Colloquium Scientific Sessions on the day of registration (4, 5, 6, or 7 October 2015)
- Lunch and refreshments on the day of registration
- Day registration is not available for Saturday 3 October.
- Additional tickets may be purchased online for the Gala Dinner for Day registrations on Wednesday 7 October, as it is not covered in the day registration fee.
- Day registration must be done online and before the close of online registration on 9 September 2015
Registration fee structure for the 2015 Cochrane Colloquium in Vienna
Rationale for the fee structure:
- Cochrane Colloquia are expensive to host for various reasons. Firstly, the conference venue needs to accommodate up to 1500 delegates and have meeting rooms for many large business meetings on the first day as well as theatre rooms and workshop rooms on the second to fifth days. The venue is used between 7:30 and up to 19:00 which incurs overtime costs. There are also expenses related to the technological and catering requirements of hosting an international scientific conference with more than 1000 participants and up to 15 separate rooms being used simultaneuously.
- Second, Cochrane’s policies of not accepting sponsorship for Colloquia from conflicted sources of funding in order to serve as a reliable and independent source of evidence for better health means that almost all of the expenses associated with holding Colloquia come from registration fees. Furthermore, in order to be as inclusive as posisble, a ticket to the two major social events is included in the price of the registration.
- In spite of the potential financial risks involved in hosting the Colloquium, Cochrane Austria is attempting to reduce every cost possible in order to offer the lowest registration fees to all attendees, in particular consumers, students, and attendees from LMIC, while also covering our costs.
Do keep in mind that support is available from Cochrane for LMIC individuals and consumers; we encourage eligible attendees to apply for these stipends.
Cancellation & replacement policy
Any registration amendments and/or cancellations must be notified in writing to the event organisers, (send correspondence to email@example.com). Conference registration cancellations received in writing before 9 September 2015 will be refunded in full less an administrative fee of 20% of the registration amount. Cancellations received after that date will not receive refunds. Substitute delegates are welcome without penalty up until two weeks before the Colloquium begins (ie 19 September), but please advise the event organisers of the changes.
In the event that the meeting is cancelled by the organisers, or if for any reason or any factor outside the control of the organisers the conference cannot take place, the amount of the registration fee shall be refunded, less an administrative fee of 20% of the registration amount. The liability of the organisers shall be limited to that refund and neither shall be liable for any other loss, cost or expense, however caused, incurred or arising. In particular, neither the organisers shall be liable to refund any travel or hotel costs incurred by delegates or their organisations. It follows that delegates and accompanying partners are advised to take out comprehensive insurance, including travel insurance.
Non-payment will result in cancellation of registration and denial of entry into the event. No-shows or cancellations after 9 September 2015 will not be reimbursed.
Click here to read the event disclaimer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions about registering for the Colloquium.